Sunday, January 19, 2014

Meet Mandy

What you shoot with:  Canon 5D and 40D as backup
Favorite lens:  My 50mm 1.4
Flickr: mandy_reger
Instagram:  
Blog or website:  portraitsbymandyreger.smugmug.com (it's just a site for proofing with clients...it's not even finished. 

A little info paragraph about you and what inspires you....a bio of some sort.

I am a 31 year old mom to two girls, age 11 and 9.  I have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 12 years now.  I started taking pictures in 2007.  I bought my first dslr, and book after book and started reading about how to shoot manually and took a bazillion pictures and learned by trial and error, and a LOT of studying and reading.  I love taking pictures.  I LOVE the beauty of the world, and I see things in a whole different perspective after starting to take pictures.  Photography is my passion.  It brings happiness to my soul.  I took pictures as a business for several years, and have decided that this next upcoming year I will just be finishing up some gift certificates for people and nothing more.  I have been so busy over the years, that it exhausts me, and my family is suffering for it.  I need to take a step back and get back into taking pictures because I LOVE it...not because I have to do it and it is a chore.  I am very excited to start taking more pictures of my two sweet girls, and more nature photography.  I know a lot about photography, but I also have SO much that I need to learn.  I am excited to be a part of this and to learn and grow and share with you all, and to see your beautiful photos as well!  What inspires me are more candid photos, with feeling, deep moody photos with a lot of contrast move my soul.  I love the light, sweet beautiful light, and I'm a sucker for sunflare as well.  Anything that I see that moves me, I just want to capture its beauty the best that I can.  I am a sucker for a good black and white.  They speak to me more than anything else.  I have a desire to learn more, and grow, and am looking forward to this!

1 comment:

  1. Um, so sorry I copied and pasted what we were supposed to write about ourselves and I accidentally didn't change whoever is akphotographer on instagram to my instagram! lol! So sorry! I have an instagram but never use it. I have to re-download it to my phone to find out what my user name is. LOL

    ReplyDelete