Thursday, January 16, 2014

Meet Claudia

Claudia Lauro
Minnesota
Sony a77, iPhone 5
50 mm 1.8, got an olloclip for the iPhone for Christmas that will be fun :)
On Flickr I am, Cosi!
On Instagram I am, Cosibella
I have been very bad at up keeping my blog cosibellaphotography.blogspot.com :( 

First let me explain Cosi, it's Italian for "thereby · so · thus · that way · this way · like so · like that · like this · such ·this · in this way" - I chose it for my flickr name years ago because there were so many ways of photography for me to learn when I first joined. I studied many different photographers'  styles and techniques. Armed with my point and shoot when I entered the digital era, I tried new techniques, like adding textures, making my own textures, shooting throughout the lens of another camera (Ttv), blurry shots, and experimenting with every function I could teach myself in Photoshop Elements! 

People would say my photos were "so beautiful" and pretty soon people were asking me to photograph families, events, and seniors. I wanted a name for a business I could build. I also wanted it to have an Italian ring to it in memory of my Dad. So I picked Cosi Bella, so beautiful!

All that to say I am still building a business that I can hopefully grow bigger, when I am done home schooling my youngest who is in 6th grade, I've been doing it since his brother was in kindergarten. What a blessing it has been to have been home with them all these years, watching then grow, and teaching them at home! It also afforded me the opportunity to "get back into" photography, I started when I was 14 - yes, film, darkrooms, jobs managing photo labs and selling cameras all before kids. 

Needless to say, I am still learning, I struggle with losing my photo mojo, especially in winter when I have to chase the light around the house. I've found I need to continue to study photographs/photographers I love to get inspired. I'm inspired by the everyday details of life, and challenged by iphonography and the elusive great selfie shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment