Monday, January 20, 2014

Let's Gather Inspiration Project

I have a difficult time finding something to shoot some days.  I live in Alaska so I shoot a lot of landscapes and wildlife.  Truth be told, it is not my favorite.  I love shooting people and things. By things I mean beautiful and inspiring things.  Items in my home, things I see out in the world, anything that is forgotten or not thought of as beautiful.

There is so much out there for inspiration in shooting children and capturing those memories.  I think that is wonderful but my kids are grown.  Most times it is just me, my husband and my dogs.  Sometimes I steal the neighbor kids and shoot around with them.

For those of us that are empty nesters or childless, sometimes the prompts and/or inspirations leave us behind.  I can't tell you how many times I have bought a book about photography inspiration and 80% of it is about capturing moments with your children.  I am grateful that my children have these resources but I really would love more resources directed to help me too. 

That is what is so great about this group of contributors.  We are all in different stages of life.  I am the only empty nester in the group but each person has a different vision in their photography.  I am excited to see where this goes.  I am looking forward to each persons view and outlook on photography and a creative life in general. 


The other day I was looking around for my daily shot and could not find much.  The light coming in the window was beautiful.  Sometimes the everyday and ordinary in your life is worth a shot.  Thank goodness for my large collection of vintage cameras.

What is filling your shots these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment