Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Be inspired by YOU

In 2013, I joined the NOW YOU Workshops to do a project 365.  As you can see I did not hit every week but I am still proud of what I did accomplish. 

My husband is in a dangerous field of work. A couple of years ago he had a particular scary thing happen while he was working.  I remember looking around my house for pictures of us together.  I found very few.  I remember thinking about how much I loved to take pictures. Why couldn't I find very many pictures of us?  There had to be more pictures of us and I looked again.  Again, I could only find very few.  Trying to find pictures of me in general was just as difficult.  I realized I had to change that. 

I believe in photography.  Capturing moments that you cannot get back.  Holding on to people you may never see again

When I figured out I had this love of photography I made a goal to photograph all the people I loved and admired before I die.  Didn't I owe that to my children and their children to see me in photographs?  That is why I decided to make a change and take more "selfies".  I am so grateful I did.  Now it is so much easier to take a shot of myself and see me with out a lot of stress.  It does get easier the more you do it.

Selfie:  A picture taken by you with any part of you in the picture.  This includes shadows. 

Share with us your "selfies" and maybe some tips and tricks if you have some.


No comments:

Post a Comment