Thursday, October 9, 2014

Out of Practice

I recently did family portraits for friends and I felt so rusty.  I love taking pictures of small families and remember it being so easy.  I guess it is easy when you are using your camera daily and you are doing family sessions at least once a week.  I am a huge fan of using your phone for daily shots but I am losing my "skills" with DSLR.

It is now October and for the first time I have taken a picture a day.  I have never done that before and I owe that to my phone.  I just want to make it clear that I am very grateful for my phone photos.  Now that I am two months from successfully completely my first 365 project it is time for a new challenge.

So, I have decided to do 52 weeks with my DSLR.   

Here is my plan:

1. Read the manual to my 5D Mark III manual once more. 

2. Take my camera bag with me where ever I go.

3. Make a list of prompts to inspire me when I am in a slump

4. Post them on Instagram (I use Dropbox for all my photos so I can access them from my phone or computer)

5. Learn something new each week.  Pose, setting, editing, something.



4 comments:

  1. yes, good to have a plan, especially going into the "indoor months" as I call them :( I'm amazed at how much I am enjoying using my phone camera daily, but when I get back to my dslr, I easily fall in love all over again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for such a big state it sure feels like a small town, we met them back when she was still expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to have my phone but I really need to utilize my camera too. Finding balance is key.

    ReplyDelete