Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boo to You!

October marks the beginning of winter here in Alaska, but it also marks the beginning of the holiday season! I love the holidays!  It's a great reminder of why we take photos in the first place, memories.  All about slowing down the  every day and remembering special moments as well... here is part of how we celebrate Halloween! (we try not to make it too spooky)...

Scooping out the pumpkin guts is my least favorite part, so sticky.


 then you have to find just the right template (unless you freehand, if you do hats off to you!)

 We usually go through two or three of those tiny saws for each pumpkin, we need industrial strength saws..

almost finished

what do you all do with your seeds?

 we rinse ours off and bake them

add cinnamon and sugar and they smell heavenly

then all that's left is waiting for the trick or treaters!



Happy Halloween! Hope you capture some great memories of your own!

~Charlaine

2 comments:

  1. I love the holidays through a lens too. You are so great about utilizing your camera everyday. I need to be more like you that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your photos have been so inspiring! I'm Challenging myself to see more creatively through a lens. You know how technical my brain is. ;)

      Delete