Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's a Process

A couple of weekends ago I decided I had better make some pesto or I would have to live without the homemade stuff until next summer! So I thought I'd document the process with my iPhone camera, for whatever reason, maybe to get the smell of garlic embedded on my phone case or accidentally drop it into the food processor...I don't know ;)

Then I thought about how my boys someday would want to remember the steps...yeah, that's it...if they ever wanted to make pesto for themselves!

So several shots later, music chosen, title added, ending, and a few clicks later the Flipagram app quickly produced the process of making pesto in a frenetic 16 seconds. (click on the photo and it should take you to Instagram to view) or here.


Chime in...like it, love it, have never even used Flipagram?? 

A couple of years ago I used an online service called Pummelvision that really did pummel me with about a thousand of my photo from a Flickr set. I think I saved it to Vimeo because it was to long to post anywhere else. That was a year long "process" in photography practice ;)

Just this week I saw that a teen friend I follow on IG posted a series of short videos on painting on canvas including steps, materials, and tips! Short video clips rather than photos...I don't like how I sound on camera (or how I look in front of it for that matter, but that's another post).

How do you feel about having your images flipping by at a quick pace set to music? Do you think there's a place for it? 





2 comments:

  1. I have used it before and I have liked it. I like the idea of using it for a recipe. Brilliant actually.

    ReplyDelete