Monday, March 17, 2014

Capturing and Enjoying the Moments That Matter

Sometimes I get caught up in the moment and forget to take a snapshot.  I know there is a fine line here.  It's good to just enjoy the moment.  As long as, I'm not regretting the fact I didn't capture the moment at a later time.

This is what is so beautiful about an iPhone.  It doesn't take much to capture the moment and still enjoy it.

How I capture the moments that matter:

1.  I keep my camera app out.  Easily accessible.

2.  I use Photoshop app first to add light and reduce the noise. Then I use VSCO app next.

3.  Vignette to bring focus to your main subject.

4.  I always post mine to Instagram 

One of the problems of digital photography, or curse, is that we take a picture and then where does it go?  Sits on our computer?  Maybe it will get uploaded someplace on the web?  So, I add a bonus 5th step.

5. Every 3-4 months I take my Instagram feed and publish in a book.  I use the previous book to see where I left off.  Blurb allows you to pull directly from your Instagram feed and recently Artifact Uprising allows you to do this as well.


This is one of my favorite iPhone captures.  There were people all around and things were a little chaotic and I looked over and he was blessing his food and everyone around him.  It almost felt like I was intruding but it was too sweet.  I knew I would regret it later if I did not capture this.  That day I looked at the photo several times and it brought a smile to my face every time.
 My mom passed away six months ago and it has been hard on our family but most of all my dad.  His heart hurts constantly but he finds peace in talking about her and telling stories about her.  On this day my dad took us to a place that he and my mom would go out to eat at in Las Vegas.  He had just told me a story about my mom and then he drifted off in thought.  His expression displays so much. 
My husband loves seeing me in reading glasses.  He kept trying to get a shot of me but the light was never right.  I was sitting alone reading and I felt the light fall on my face.  I grabbed my phone and captured the moment. 

I feel it is important to find ourselves in our photography.  Our loved ones need it.  No matter how difficult it can be....get over it.















6 comments:

  1. Love it... beautiful pictures and a great reminder to capture the everyday moments, because truly that's what I want to remember. I look forward to checking out the apps as well. Thanks Leaca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! the apps are lifesavers. Hope you enjoy them.

      Delete
  2. ditto what Andrea said, and also I'm noticing how much each of these shots evoke emotion when I see them - that, is truly wonderful!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my favorite thing about photography...when it evokes emotion. Simple things in photos can do it. It is astonishing to me how it happens through an image. Love it.

      Delete
  3. "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary".....I fell that are the ordinary moment give our lives a true sense!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete