Monday, June 30, 2014

Finding your creative mojo



I like to play with random photos in Photoshop to spark some creativity.  Layers, textures and random actions.  Just play.


Finding a way out of a photography/creative rut can be difficult. Ruts are going to happen.  It is just a part of the creative process.  I have been researching how to get out of creative ruts for years. I think it is different for everyone.  Knowing yourself is half of the battle.

Ask yourself some questions:

1.     What music do you listen to when you create?
2.     What famous photographer inspires you the most?
3.     What photographer on Instagram/Flickr inspires you the most?
4.     Do you like black and white or color photography?
5.     What is your favorite movie?
6.     What is your favorite place close to home?
7.     What is your favorite place in your home?
8.     What makes you the happiest?
9.     Other than photography what other hobbies do you have?
1.    What do you do to pamper yourself?


Steps I take to inspire creativity:

1.     Take care of my responsibilities first thing in the morning
2.     Exercise
3.     Plan my day include creative and pamper time
4.     Turn on music
5.     Let my creative juices flow

What do you do to get out of creative ruts?

Instagram: 

This week just post what is coming to you.  Enjoy your time this week and show us what is happening around you.



More rescores:





1 comment:

  1. Love all of the questions! I need to ask myself those a lot more. I have also found that the solution to the problem is not always the same for me. What worked one time doesn't always work the next time.

    ReplyDelete