Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DETAILS

I love details, and photography has opened up my eyes even more to the small details that make up the whole of a photograph. From the small details of a leaf . . .


When you look closer you can see the small detail of the yellow veins mixed in with the red of the whole leaf. For me, these details add so much beauty to the picture, and I appreciate the beauty this earth gives us that much more.


Different details mean different things to different people. I think that is why some pictures mean more to us than others - we love something about the details in the picture. For me, this next one makes my heart smile. Droll to some people may not be beautiful, but it reminds me of my baby boy, and makes me happy.

 
Details don't have to be small. In a landscape, I love to add as many larger details that I can.
I love the details of the snow-capped mountains, mixed with the green of the hills, and the red of the barn. Then the dirt of a newly planted crop that is just starting to grow.
 
What details speak to you?
 
I also love funny details. Take the photograph below, I love how the cruse ship is larger than the town. It makes me laugh. It would be hard to lose the ship!
 
And in this next one, how the sign says "Small Boat Harbor" then has the very large cruise ship docked behind it.
 
In each and every photograph I take, I try and focus on the details that I find beautiful. From colors, to textures, and lighting, to facial features or expressions.
 
This week try and focus on the details you love. Take pictures of those details. They make a picture mean something and speak to each of us.
 
Here are a few more examples. . .
Notice how the snow has melted around the berries.
 
 
Have you ever really looked at what a used eraser looks like?

 

 What details do you love about your children? I love her dimples, and this picture reminds me of that.

 
 
 
I always love a good sun flare and how it peaks around the balloon.
 
 
Have fun photographing the details!!

 
 



6 comments:

  1. It is such a simple but dynamic concept. It is nice to zoom in on the little details that we can forget are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! When I started to look at the world through the lens, so much beauty opened up to me!

      Delete
  2. Love this Jamie! I really think sometimes that's why God made us photographers, so we could capture the details that others might easily overlook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Claudia! It renewed my view on the world and people when I found those special little details. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. what a great post! I love the details! or lack thereof! I am laughing at the dimple girl! There was so much character I that pic that it still makes me chuckle! well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my most favorite pictures of her. She was a spunky little thing and that picture always makes me smile!!

      Delete