Monday, February 17, 2014

What you know & love

Are you signed up for Photojojo’s time capsule? Twice a month they email you a selection of your most interesting photos from the previous year. I love going back in time to see where my photography was a year ago, I love reading my photo descriptions, it really gives me a look back at my mood, my sense of humor, or something I was working through.



Over the past couple of years I have noticed myself always returning to my favorite wooden bowls. There’s just something about the warmth and texture of the bowls that appeal to me. I try not to take the same angle or fill with the same content if possible...sometimes I talk myself out of a bowl altogether and find a basket.

What about you? Do you find yourself going back to a similar shape, color, or object?





Look back through your files or your Flickr stream. Do you see a reoccurring theme? It’s okay. ;) There is comfort and familiarity in that.  I’ve probably shot potatoes resting in one of my wooden bowls several times, next time it might be pine cones, another time it might lead me to use an old fashioned colander. Could it be it’s just leading us to “see” something different each time? Or could it be that I need to go back to what I know to reassure myself?

I have no idea! ;) I think it best to just “do”! Show us what you know & love!
p.s. Mosaics can be made at BigHugeLabs

Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to create. ~ Nicole Malebranche

1 comment:

  1. i love the photojojo time capsule but I love the Timehop app even more! Every day it sends you your past internet posts from all different sites on that day, love it! (also love all the circles..nice)

    ReplyDelete